Monday, September 28, 2009

Tree Time

I have been making lots of tree projects lately. I just got the new polar white and autumn flower soft and it's perfect for trees. For this first project, I used the Autumn flower soft.

The stamp is from the Happy Fall stamp set from stamping I colored the scarecrow and the basket with my copics and cut the tree from my cricut. I then added the flower soft to the top of the basket and the tree to look like leaves. The autumn flower soft is beautiful!!! For this next project, I used the polar white flower soft. I wanted it to look like snow
had fallen and landed on the card elements. All of the elements on this card were cut with the Winter Woodland cricut cartridge. Cindy has 2 left, so if you don't have this one grab it now! I used a glitter card base and bazzil bling paper for this project.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Some 3D Projects

The current challenge on Scrappy Frogs is to create something 3D. I have been playing around with the cricut Winter Woodland cartridge and thought the building on this cartridge would be perfect for this challenge.
This one was cut on the fit to page option with the 12 x 12 mat. It's cute, but it's small. It ended up cutting at 3 1/2 inches. I ran the parts of this one through my Cuttlebug before I assembled it to make the building look like brick and the roof look more like wood. If you try this, keep in mind that after you emboss the pieces, they are much more fragile, so you have to be careful not to rip them. I am entering this one in the Cuttlebug spot's back to school challenge. I wanted to make the houses a little bit larger, so I used the 12 x 24 mat and the large cardstock pad to create the same building at 6 1/2 inches.
This is more of what I had in mind. It is large enough to add a stamped image (even though my daughter said she looks like a giant and could never fit through the door to get into the school). I colored the Tilda with copic markers and paper pieced plaid paper for her dress to make it look like a school uniform. Since the pieces were larger, I didn't use the cuttlebug on them. I scored the lines on the roof with my scorpal and drew the "bricks" with white chalk pencil. The grass on both schools is cut from Zoobalooo. Overall these building weren't that difficult to put together and I'm happy with how they turned out.