Thursday, August 13, 2009

Glitter Lace Tutorial

I learned this glitter lace technique at the Heirloom Stamp Show in Grapevine. It is really quick and simple and makes a big impact on your project. To start this technique, you will need some sticky labels, any size will work
k. I prefer to use the full sheet labels so that I can cut them to any size I want them to be. I die cut this label with a nestabilitie so that it would be in a fun shape for my card. Next, you will need 2 contrasting colors of glitter. I chose black and orange. Now for the fun part, pick your lace. I have this lace with a spider web pattern that is perfect for a Halloween project. While at the convention, we also got some lace with tiger stripes, swirls, flowers, and skulls and crossbones (of course).
If you lace has any shiny parts to it like the webs in this lace, stick your label to the other side. Lay you label with the sticky side on the lace and rub it in really good. Pay special attention to the edges.
Then, flip the lace over and cover with your first color of glitter. I used the black first.
Shake off the excess glitter and remove the label. This is what you will have. the majority of the label will be colored with the black glitter but the solid parts, in this case the webs, will be exposed and still sticky.
Dump the second color of glitter on and shake the excess off.
This will be your final result. Very sparkly, very cool, and very simple. Then you can take your label, apply adhesive and use it on your project.


I chose to use this piece on a Halloween card with an adorable Halloween Tilda stamp. I added some spiders that I cut on my cricut, some core'dinations cardstock embossed with the new Cuttlebug harlequin folder.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this! That is so cool!!!!

Sheri said...

OM....gosh..this is so beautiful! REALLY!...beautiful!!

Heather in FL said...

That's a really cool effect, and I love how you used it on the card. Very cool!

Froggy said...

awesome tut Min! Dang nab it now i need lace!! you enabler you!! :)

Kendra said...

This is so cool! I love the look and that card rocks. Thanks for playing along with us this week :)

Patty said...

Wow! That does seem simple! Now I just have to go shopping and buy some cool lace!!!!! Thanks for the tutorial!!! You did a great job!!!

Leanne said...

Wow! How cool is this?? Love this card Mindy!! I'll have to do some shopping!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Such a cool technique--love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow, love your glitter web, finishes your card off beautifully. Thanks for the tutorial, I can't wait to try it.
hugs Oz_Jodie