Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey

Our challenge on Scrappy Frogs is to create a project featuring something that has to do with Thanksgiving Dinner. I found this adorable digital stamp called turkey talk and had to use it for this challenge. I used the oven on the From my Kitchen cartridge. I love how you can see the little eyes peering out at you while the door to the oven is closed.
I took a piece of paper and folded it in half and glued one half to the inside of the oven and the other half to the back side of the oven door layer so that I could open the door to expose the nervous turkey inside. I also added the sentiment Got Ham to the inside of the door. The trick is to put some repositionable glue along the edges of the door so that it will stay closed, but be able to open when you want to expose Mr. Turkey.

I matted the oven to a piece of paper cut with the Martha Stewart around the page loop punch set. I love that punch set- it's a good thing. I would love to see what you can come up with so hop on over to Scrappy Frogs and show us your Thanksgiving Dinner project.


8 comments:

paige said...

Too cute! And very creative!

Sharon said...

really cute

Regina Easter said...

omg omg omg omg...this is way adorable...

Anonymous said...

oh wow that is WAY too funny! great job!

Dawn McCarty said...

LOVE IT. OMGNESS THAT IS SOOOOO COOL

Karen McPherson said...

I love it!!! I needed a good luagh to end my day. Thanks!

Unknown said...

OMG...this is way too cute!!!! So cleaver and adorable. Love, Love, Love it!!!!

tomiannie said...

Such a cute and funny card!