Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Gift Box

For my Stamping Scrapping project this week, I have decided to make a Valentine's gift box. This box was cut from the cricut mini cartridge Lovestruck. The box cuts a really good size when you use the fit to page feature on the cricut expression, the finished product is a little over 4 x 6 1/2. This size is perfect for Valentine's goodies or as a box for cards. The box does cut a little heart out of the front. I put a small sheet of acetate inside the box behind the heart. If you have design studio or a gypsy, I bet you could change the heart to another shape and use the box for more holidays.

Now onto the materials I used to make my little goody box. I decorated it with Magnolia stamps from the new Raising the Ceiling/Right through my Heart collection that is available now for pre-order on Stamping Scrapping.com. On the top is Dangling Tilda, I have colored her with copic markers. She is hanging from the new stamp Elegant Heart Ribbon. I had to cheat on this one a little bit, to make it look like her hand is going around the ribbon, I cut the top part of her hand off and then glued it back on top of the ribbon. The other sweet little Tilda I used is called Love Sealing Tilda. She is also colored with copics. The shades of pink I used on both of them are a combination of RV10, RV13, and RV14. To finish the box off, I added some lace, a little heart embellishment (this is actually an ornament for mini Valentine's tree and I cut the string off the top), and a petaloo flower. Cindy has great deal on the petaloos, they are on clearance, so get them before they are gone. The final element to my gift box is the sentiment which comes from my favorite sentiment set, Label Accents, this set has a sentiment for nearly every occasion and is made to fit perfectly inside the nestabilities.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I am so far behind looking at my favorite blogs. I love this, just beautiful!!