Sunday, October 30, 2011

Glittery Christmas Ornaments

Last year I went a little crazy making glittery Christmas ornaments out of the clear glass balls you can get at craft stores.  This year I wanted to try something a little bit different. I wanted to find  a way to use my Cricut Imagine to print some holiday images on vinyl and add them to the ornaments.  I found these square shaped ornaments and they were perfect.  This is what I came up with using the Snow Angel cartridge. 

ornaments 1 [1280x768]

To start this project, you need clear glass ornaments which you can find at most any craft store, some floor polish, and glitter.  The floor polish I used for this project is

ornaments 2 [1280x768]Pledge Future Shine.  You won’t use a lot of it, so one bottle will last you quite a while.  Pour some of the floor polish into the ornament and carefully swirl it around to coat the inside of the ornament.  I cover the opening with a baby wipe.  Try not to shake it or you will get bubbles which can be harder to get rid of.  Pour the remaining floor polish back into the bottle. Let it dry a little bit and pour your glitter in. Shake the glitter all around making sure the entire ornament is covered.  The great thing about these ornaments is that all the messy glitter is on the inside of the ornaments you don’t have to worry about it rubbing off. 

Next, I cut come of the adorable designs from Snow Angel on some printable vinyl in my Imagine and then stuck them to the front of the ornament.   A little bit of ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. 

ornaments 3 [1280x768]

For this cute little snowman ornament I used green glitter to match the green in her hat.  I added a little bit of polar white flower soft to make it look like she’s really sitting in the snow. 

ornaments 4 [1280x768]

I thought this Happy Holidays image would be perfect with some blue glitter.  I finished this one off by adding some diamond stickles to the snow on the ground and on the house. 

I hope I have inspired you to grab some floor polish and get creating.  It’s much more fun than using it to polish the floor!!!!

 

Cutters Creek Shopping List

Cricut Imagine Snow Angel cartridge

Polar White Flower Soft

Diamond Stickles

3 comments:

Kim M. said...

Those are gorgeous! I need to get that Imagine cartridge.

Unknown said...

i like the flat square ornaments. Where did you find them? I have quite a few of the round ones. How long does it tkae the floor wax/glitter to dry. I wanted to do these with teenage girls. Would we have to add the glitter one week and decorate the next if we only have an hour to work?

dhoffman@spacey.net

Love the project!

Angie S said...

These are fabulous! Wish I had the Cricut Imagine, I only have the Expression but I guess I could still use the printable vinyl with MTC. tfs