Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Make Your Own Dry Erase Board

Since today is tutorial Tuesday, I thought I would show you how you can make your own dry erase board.  All you need is a picture frame and some scrapbook paper.  Depending on what type of frame and paper you use, you can make it as big or as small as you need.  Take the backing off the frame and add a piece of scrapbook paper (or you could use fabric).  You can embellish  the paper with die cuts, flowers, or leave it plain.  I wanted mine to be a count down board to the Disney vacation we’re taking in May. 

photo(16)

I used my cricut to cut the shapes I used to decorate my board.  The Mickey head and the word Disney are from the Mickey and Friends cartridge.  The words days til are from Pooh and Friends font cartridge.  This is an 8 x 10 frame.  The Disney is cut at 6 inches and the Mickey head is cut at 3.4 inches.  When you put your background paper in the frame, the glass of the frame becomes your dry erase surface.  Now every day I can change the numbers on the frame and I ‘ll be able to keep track of how many days are left until my vacation!  These are so simple to make and would make great gifts or party favors. 

No comments: