Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Envelope Mini Album

Today I want to show you how to make an envelope mini album using the We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board.  The envelope punch board is great because it allows you to make envelopes of any size.  I wanted my album to be about 3 inches by 3 inches.  I made the envelope for a 3x3 card which is a little bit bigger than 3 x 3.  There is a guide on the punch board that shows you how big to cut your paper and where to line it up to score for several different sized cards. 
photo(4)
I cut my paper to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 and made my envelopes.  I will post a video explaining this in more detail below.  I cut 8 envelopes.  I stuck them together by sticking the flap of one envelope into another envelope and so on. 
photo(5)
I cut some kraft cardstock and some patterned paper to add the pages of my book.  This is a great project to use up some of your scraps of some of the 6x6 paper pads you’ve been stocking up on. 
I used My Mind’s Eye paper and alternated between a chevron print and polka dots.  Here is a look at the inside pages.
photo(6)
Here is a look at the book from the outside. 
photo(7)
I know I’ve done a horrible job of explaining this, so here is a video that will hopefully make it easier for you to understand. 

4 comments:

Judy Garrelts said...

Cute and your explanation made lots of sense to me!
Thanks for sharing,
Judy

Judy Garrelts said...

Cute and your explanation made lots of sense to me!
Thanks for sharing,
Judy

Sheri said...

Darn you!! That was incredible! You are such a natural...and you made it all look so simple and clear cut! ...and now, I want that photo printer and that mini album! :)

Anonymous said...

Great project, great video! I saw the printer on HSN but didn't know why I would need it...so sorry I didn't purchase it. Thanks for such an easy mini album idea.