Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mini Mailbox # 1




I love making these little mailboxes from Target. You can fill them with chocolate or other goodies and they are the perfect teacher or coach's gifts. This is one I made for a design team challenge. I used core'dinations cardstock on this one. I embossed it with the cuttlebug divine swirls folder and then sanded it to let the core show through. The flowers on the little flag are petaloo and the heart in the middle I found in the Valentine section of Hobby Lobby. I cut the Love from Home Accents and then stamped the words on it with a Close to My Heart stamp. The little "chocolate" heart in the middle also came from the Valentine section of Hobby Lobby. This is the end of the mailbox. I used the chocolate box core'dinations paper and embossed it with the heart block folder then sanded it to show the pink core. I cut circles with the nestabilities for the sentiment. The Eat Lots of Chocolate comes from the Just Rite Christmas set it works for Valentine's Day also! After I stamped it, I embossed it with swiss dots. Just a note, when you use only the center of the just rite stamps, I found it works best with markers instead of an ink pad. This is the other side of the mailbox- more delicious chocolate hearts. These are actually wooden and they stick to the mailbox great with a coupl of glue dots. I have a ton of these, so I should have more up soon!

2 comments: