Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More cards

I am having a lot of fun playing with these new stamps sets. This is my design team dream come true. This first card comes from the Cheers to You set. I used some cute pink polka dot paper for the card base and made this a 6 x 6 card. I took some of my new favorite core'dinations whitewash paper and embossed it with my cuttlebug then sanded it to show a little of the pink core. I colored the daiquiri with my copics and added the straw and the umbrella that are also included in the set. I paper pieced the umbrella to make it appear more realistic. The sentiment You're the Berry Best is also included in this set. I cut that with nestabilities and mounted it on a larger one. For a finishing touch, I added some strawberries, a gorgeous velvet petaloo flower and some fun zebra fringe ribbon.

Now, here is another coffee card. For this one, I used the How Ya Bean set for the cup, the steam, and the word coffee. The sentiment, it's a latte fun being friends with you is from the Java Happy Day set. A cool thing I used on this card is the Chatterbox Brad Maker. This is a cool little tool that comes with blank brads in 3 sizes and 3 different sized circle punches. I punched a circle out of the paper I was using on the project. I put it on the blank brad with the glue does that come in the set and then covered it with the little plastic dome so the paper is protected. Voila, a perfectly coordinated embellishment.

I have had so much fun playing with these new stamps. I love how they all work together and that I can use the card scents to make them smell as yummy as they look.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Love them your getting better all the time

Sheri said...

Too cute..I can smell the coffee now!

Chrissy C said...

Both fabulous cards! I love those stamps. I'll have to look into them!