It is Stamping Scrapping Design Team assignment time again. I wanted to create something to show just how awesome the new Eerie paper from Basic Grey is. It comes in both 12 x 12 and 6 x 6 pads. I really wish I had gotten 2 packs because I am in love with it now. I found this little house shaped chip board album on clearance and thought I could turn it into a Haunted House album pretty easily. You could cut the house shape on your cricut and it would probably be easier than hand cutting the paper into the shape of the house like I did. For the front cover, I painted it with some Tim Holtz black crackle paint and some of the new rock candy crackle paint as well to make the house look weathered and kind of scary. I also distressed the edges a little bit with some white ink to make it look a little spooky.
I cut some trees and a fence from the cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge and added those to the cover. The jack o lantern is cut from A Child's Year. I cut all the elements out of other patterns of the paper to showcase it as much as I could. It's all so great, it was just too hard to pick between all the great patterns. For this next page, I cut the bat from Paper Dolls and the
chandelier from Home Decor. I didn't glue down the bottom half of the chandelier so that when I add pictures later, I can slide them up underneath it if I need to. I love this orange scroll design paper. I inked the edges with some black soot distress ink. For the next page, I pop dotted
some ghosts (also cut from paper dolls- this cartridge is a Halloween gold mine) so once again photos could be added later by going underneath the embellishments. I inked the edges of this black paper with some white ink. This next page I call the witch page. You can see she left her
hat behind and that her frog is about to jump out of the potion. Once again, all these shapes were cut from Paper Dolls. I love how the skull on this page turned out. I think it looks great cut out of the pattern paper and distressed with a little black ink. Now although there is a skull and
crossbones on the Paper Dolls cartridge, I didn't use that one. I thought this one was a little spookier. It is actually cut from the new Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I used this tree pattern for the back cover. I left it plain with no embellishment because I thought the pattern was perfect just as it is- spooky and understated. The book is held together with a binder ring and
I added a lot of lime green ribbon and some black tulle to kind of jazz it up a little bit. I have to say, if you have Halloween projects to make, get your hands on some of this paper!
6 hours ago