Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Sketch Challenge

Seems like I have been doing a lot of sketch challenges lately. This one is for the challenge at Bildmalarna Blog. I love Bildmalarna stamps, the characters are absolutely adorable!!! So, here is a picture of the sketch we are using.

Here is my card.

I used this absolutely adorable of image of Mimosa in a bath tub that was part of the Bildmalarna Summer kit. Now, this kit is no longer available, but you can still get the Fall version at Bildmalarana.com. My color palette was inspired by different shades from the Cosmo Cricket background paper that I used. I also used a piece of the new Cosmo Cricket core'dinations cardstock which coordinates with the paper and comes pre-embossed. Mimosa is colored with my copic markers. I tried to grunge the image up a little bit by adding some shadows with my W1 marker so that the colors wouldn't be too bright and would go with the distressed vintage look of the papers. I finished it off with a grungy paper flower. This was made with 8 scalloped circles cut with my cricut. I then sprayed them with water, wadded them up, unfolded them, put a brad through all the layers, and then squeezed it into a flower shape. If this sounds confusing, if you look for paper flowers on youtube, you should be able to find the video.

6 comments:

Karen said...

So cute!! Love the stamp and coloring and also the flower makes it over the top!!

Barb F said...

OMG!!!! I have to find this stamp!!! Soo cute! Great card, great coloring! Hugs,

Crazystamper said...

Just adorable Mindy! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

thenuttystamper said...

This stamp in way to cute. I love the way you coloured her.

Lillian A said...

What a cute, summer image, Mindy -- she IS adorable -- and you're a tease, showing us this, and the kit's no longer available - you bad girl !!
Wonderful card - great layout.
Hugs!

Unknown said...

This is great!! You always do such a great job Mindy!