Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turquoise and Brown

The current challenge on Magnolia Stamp Lovers is to create a project using the color combination of turquoise and brown. This is a great color combination. I waited until the last minute to throw this card together and the pictures are not that great, so I apologize in advance for that.

The bow cast a shadow over the rest of the card, so that throws the colors off a little. I used some scrap paper I had laying around and tried to color Gift Tilda's dress to match the turquoise paper. I believe this Tilda was part of the wedding collection, but she is perfect for birthday cards as well as Christmas cards. This Tilda is a must have!!! The colors I used for her dress were BG15, BG13, and BG11. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday this week and kind of switched it up a little bit. I trimmed the edge with my Martha Stewart doily lace punch. I added some ribbon I have laying around across the card and as the big bow on the top. I finished the bow off with a turquoise rhinestone.

No comments: