Friday, September 16, 2011

Echo Park Country Drive

We are featuring Echo Park this month at Cutters Creek and it’s my turn to post a project.  I have used one of the new collections Country Drive.  This pack is full of bright fun colors and great patterns like birds and butterflies.  I used the 12 x 12 kit which comes with some great sticker elements. 

Here is the card I made with the paper and the included elements.

echo park 1 [1280x768] 

I used the butterfly pattern for the base of my card.  The large butterfly in the center was cut with my cricut. The pink pattern used for the butterfly is actually the reverse side of the butterfly paper.  I love when both sides are really cute.   I used the new Sophie cartridge which is a circle exclusive, but there are several cartridges with butterflies that would work just as well.  I added 2 of the sticker borders that came with the paper pack across the center of the card and then I pop dotted the butterfly oval up off the card with some clear foam tape.  I finished the card with some flower stickers in the corners.  These were also part of the element sheet included in the pack.  I put some green adhesive pearls in the center of the flowers.

I made this card an easel card.  It folds flat to be a normal 5x7 card, but when you open it up the strip across the bottom holds the front in place.  This border strip is popped up once again and decorated with more flower stickers and pearls.  I then added the sentiment which is also a sticker from the element pack.

I hope you have enjoyed my echo park project and that I have encouraged you to take a look at the 12 x 12 packs.  The paper is adorable and the included elements work great with cards as well as scrapbook pages.

No comments: