Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Echo Park Joy Fold Card Tutorial

It' my turn to host Tutorial Tuesday for the Cutters Creek Design Team. As you know we are featuring Echo Park products this month. I have made a Joy Fold Card using the Echo Park Country Drive Collection.

echo park tutorial 009 [1280x768]

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but this card has a very unique fold . Here is a picture of what the card looks like when it is open.

echo park tutorial 010 [1280x768]

The little car on the front opens up to give you lots of room to write a message to your recipient.

To make this card, you will need to gather your supplies. You will need a piece of cardstock 4 1/4 x 8 1/2, a piece of cardstock 3 x 8, 3 pieces of patterned paper 2 3/4 x 4, a piece of patterned paper 4 x 5 1/4, a scor pal and adhesive.

echo park tutorial 002 [1280x768]

You need to score your larger piece of cardstock at 5 1/2 inches and your smaller piece at 4 inches. Then you can cover the cardstock in the paper of your choice. I matted my paper to give it an extra layer. You only decorate the outside of your smaller card and leave the inside blank for a message.

echo park tutorial 004 [1280x768]These are my cardstock pieces after I had them decorated. Then you put adhesive on the back side of the smaller card and stick it in the middle of the larger card.

echo park tutorial 005 [1280x768]If you are confused by any of my steps, there is an excellent tutorial on split coast stampers with a video. The main thing I changed from this tutorial is the way I kept the card closed. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to use the new craft velcro I got.

echo park tutorial 006 [1280x768]I love this stuff! I cut one of the ovals in half since I only needed a small amount. I stuck it to the inside of the flap with while it was still attached. I pulled off the backing and pushed the card together. This is much easier than trying to make sure you have the pieces lined up perfectly. That’s it a really simple way to make an interesting card. Here is a picture of the finished card again.

echo park tutorial 009 [1280x768]I have a couple of friends who have been sick and when I saw this yellow bug the sticker elements that came with this pack, I knew it would be perfect. I had the sentiment caught a bug from a stamp set I got a long time ago. I added a strip of ribbon and this was it. I really just wanted this card to be clean and simple.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I LOVE this card! SoOOoo super cute! The colors, how it's unfolded! Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing! Jill♥