Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday!

We have so many February birthdays in my family, it seems that's the only kind of card I can even think of during this time. For this card I broke out my trusty Cricut Imagine . This is my go to machine when I need something done quickly. The octopus is from Birthday Bash, but I filled it with colors and patterns from my Imagine Hey Diddle Diddle cartridge.
I thought this little octopus was perfect for a peachy keen face stamp, so I added one and I think she looks so sweet. Cutters Creek sells a couple of different face stamp assortments from Peachy Keen and they're perfect for adding just the right facial expression to your die cuts. To finish my octopus off and give her some style, I added some faux stitching with one of my copic spica pens. I wish you could see the shimmer more in the picture it's just the right amount of bling. I also went over her face to give that a little more shine too. No self respecting octopus would head off to a birthday party without the perfect accessory and I though she would look adorable with a flower on her head. This little lily from Cutters Creek's own brand of flowers was just the perfect touch. The final element for my octopus was to attach her to the card with an action wobble so she can move like a real octopus. I finished the card off with some more faux stitching and a sentiment and it's ready to be sent off!

No comments: