Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pink and Black Tilda Card

I decided to play along with the magnolia-licious sketch challenge for this month. Here is the sketch and my card is below it.

I always seem to make my Tilda cards very pastel and soft, so I decided to try something different with this one. Pink and black are two of my favorite colors together. So, I found some pink and black paper and used my black magic core'dinations paper with the pink core for the circle accent. I embossed it with my swiss dots folder and sanded it to reveal the pink. Now for the Tilda, in real life, she does match the background paper and her shirt doesn't look so peachy colored. I colred her with my copics = R20, R22, and a litlte R24, C7 and C9 for the pants, E02, E00 and E000 for her skin and Y21 and YR23 for her hair. I matted her on a nestabilitie scalloped oval from the core'dinations and distressed it to reveal the core. I also roughed up all the edges to make the card a little shabbier. I used 3 black chipboard flowers accented with dew drops to finish the card off.

8 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

What a sweet little card. Yes, I agree black & pink are great combo. I like this combo too!
Hugs,
Cabio

Danni said...

Very cute!

marsha said...

This is gorgeous with the pink and black - love it!

Hugs,
Marsha

Lisa T said...

Very pretty!

Candy said...

Hi Mindy,

Nicely done!! Love that you used the co - ordinations cardstock. It is a very pretty card.

Hugs, Candy

Lynne in NI said...

Oh gorgeous card - love your colour combo.
(Don't you hate it when your camera lies and doesn't take a true pic of the colours)

Sheri said...

GOR-GE-OUS! I love the distressed edges and the paper is soooooo dange cute!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh I love this card. The pink and black are fabulous together. Very cute...