Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whitewash and Hello Kitty

I just got a box of goodies from Cindy at www.stampingscrapping.com and knew I had to use them for my Design Team Spotlight project this week. In the box was a pack of the new Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock. This stuff is AWESOME! It is white on the outside with a colored core that shows through when you sand or tear it. I also ordered a pack of the new

Sizzix embossing folders called Hello Kitty Spring. The set comes with one larger folder which is the diamond pattern on the card, a medium which is the Hello Kitty body, and two small folder which are Hello Kitty's face and a bouquet of flowers. I embossed the diamond pattern on the whitewash cardstock and sanded it to reveal the green core. The green actually shows up very well. For the border on the side, I used the backside of the whitewash paper so the green would match perfectly. I also matted the Hello Kitty embossing on the whitewash and popdotted it up off the background paper (2 Scoops from Basic Grey), then I added a couple of Petaloo flowers and added a pearl center and cut the sentiment Hello from my lyrical letters cartridge. Then, I wanted to play with the small Hello Kitty Face embossing folder. I decided to see if I could make a 12 inch border for a scrapbook page out of the folder. It worked perfectly. I used the whitewash with a pink core for this one. There are no folder marks as sometimes happen when embossing with the smaller Cuttlebug folders. Overall, I was very impressed with the Sizzix folders. I would definitely recommend them and I'm sure I will be checking Cindy's site to see which other ones I can get my hands on. Also an important fact about the large Sizzix folder is that it embosses the entire front of an A2 card with no border around it.

2 comments:

Chrissy C said...

Great card! I love Hello Kitty! Have fun with all your new goodies!

denise said...

Mindy...I love love love it...
Super job using the whitewash.
You are perfect to be a designer....always thinking outside the box...like using the hello kitty heads and stacking them up. Dont forget about the flowered sizzix embossing folder that you liked. I dont know if Cindy has it in her store, but Im sure she can find it for you~

Denise