Sunday, January 2, 2011

Get Sentimental

Scrappy Frogs is having a sentiment challenge- making a card where the focus is on the sentiment. This is definitely a challenge for me. I never used to put sentiments on my cards. A lot of times I just make a card to make a card, I don't have a purpose in mind for it when I make it. When Cindy designed her new stamps to coordinate with the nestabilities, it forced me to start making cards that included sentiments. At first I started adding sentiment to cards with my favorite stamped images, then I graduated to making cards where the sentiment was the focus of the card. That is what I have done with this card.All the papers on this card were made with my cricut Imagine. I used the Elyse pattern cartridge. I love this one it reminds me of Basic Grey. The stamps I used are from the Beaded Ovals set. I had added some roses that I sprayed with my copic air brush to match the colors in the papers and a little bit of Magnolia chandelier garland.

3 comments:

Karen said...

So cute Mindy!! Love the colors!! : )

Deanna Mulder said...

Wow Mindy great card. I love the papers and colors you used. Another cartridge to add to my wish list.

Fran said...

Mindy your card is really awesome.
I love the paper you made on your Imagine. Boy its neat to have all those fun toys isn't it? Hugs, Fran