Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sentiment Challenge

Magnolia Stamp Lovers is hosting a sentiment challenge.  Sentiments can sometimes be a forgotten part of card making because the images are the fun part, however, they do play an important role.   I have used Japanese Tilda for my sentiment project.  magnolia sentiment [1280x768] I have stamped Tilda  on some Cryogen card stock and then colored her with my copic markers to match the colors in the background paper which is Kioshi from Basic Grey.  It is so hard to see the shimmer of the cryogen paper in the photo, but is really beautiful in real life.  I did something a little different with the sentiment on this card.  I used the Pagoda cricut cartridge and cut the kanji tag for the word Prosperity.  I think it adds a little bit of zen to the card.  I put a giant flower up in the corner that I airbrushed with my copics to match the flowers Tilda is holding. I went a little crazy with this flower and it would have to be removed to mail the card, but I love how the crumpled look of it matches the flowers in her hair. 

10 comments:

Kim Bush said...

She is just beautiful, Mindy!

Karen said...

Beautiful card! : )

Deanna Mulder said...

Mindy, I love the paper. Your card is beautiful.

Yone said...

Lovely card ! This stamp is one of my favorites !

Fran said...

Mindy your Tilda is beautiful! I love how you pulled all the colors together too. Hugs, Fran

Sandy said...

Very pretty card Mindy - nice Oriental touch.
Sandy Dehon

Cindy said...

Gorgeous. C2

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Your coloring and the layout is wonderful.

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Very pretty, Mindy!!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Very pretty, Mindy!!