Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Treat Boxes

Spring is in the air and it's time to start working on your Spring craft projects. I thought it would be a good idea to make some treat boxes using the new Spring Holiday cards seasonal cricut cartridge. This cartridge has really cute (and simple) card designs for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day,and Easter. The cards can then be layered on card bases or treat boxes like I have done.

I made my boxes at 5.5 inches which is the biggest you can get with a 12x12 sheet of paper for this style of box. I cut a pattern from my Cricut Imagine on white cardstock, then I cut the card design aslo at 5.5 inches.

For the St. Patrick's Day box, I used a green pattern from Audrey cartridge.

I cut the design again out of yellow cardstock so I could layer the horseshoe. I backed the design with some kraft paper and added some wiggly eyes.

The Easter treat box uses 2 different patterns from the Hopscotch Cartridge.

I layered the yellow pattern with the striped pattern and stitched them together. I gave the chick some wiggly eyes with fancy lashes and chalked the beak with some orange chalk. These went together so quickly they would definitely be easy to do for your child's class or sports team.

Supply List

Cricut Imagine

Cricut Spring Holiday Cards mini cartridge

Cricut Imagine Hopscotch pattern cartridge

Cricut Imagine Audrey pattern cartridge

White cardstock

No comments: