Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fun With My Cricut Imagine

I LOVE my cricut Imagine. It allows me to make some great looking cards in a realatively short amount of time with one sheet of white paper. These are a couple of cards I have made with my newest Imagine cartridges, All Wrapped Up, Buccaneer, and Lori's Garden.


This first card was made as a challenge for the Cutters Creek Design Team. Kim sent us all a pack of her flowers and we had to make a Mother's Day project with them. I decided to cut this beautifl birdcage image from Lori's Garden and use the micro roses to pop out the flowers on the image. I popdotted the entire image up from the background paper (also from Lori's Garden).



I added some ribbon and bows to one side and some pearls in the corner of the other side. This cartridge was made for pearls. I decided to try something different for the sentiment on this card. I set my Imagine to print only and filled the sentiment Happy Mother's Day from the Calligraphy cartridge and filled it with a pink color. I cut it with a labels 4 nestie and then matted it with a larger nestie cut in the same pink color. Using the Imagine to print sentiments like this is a great way to create some quick and easy sentiments for your cards that match perfectly.


For this next card I used the new cartridge Buccaneer. This cartridge is full of some really cool pirate art work. I couldn't decide which image to cut first, so I let my daughter pick. She picked this scary looking pirate ship and the red striped paper for the background.



I added some black gingham ribbon and voila- a boy card.


Now, it took so much out of me to make a boy card, so I had to go back to something girlie. The new cartridge All Wrapped Up has some great card and box designs. I picked this little Russian doll image and used it to make a birthday card for my niece.


I love all the bright springy colors on this cartridge. I'm making sure I give my Imagine a lot of love this week, because next week it will be expecting a new little sister- the Expression 2!!!!!


4 comments:

Barbara said...

Mindy,
Your work is beautiful. I'm still thinking about the Imagine (or the E2). I see you mainly make cards, and I can see the Imagine for that. But I mainly scrapbook, and I have so much patterned cardstock on hand, it would seem wasteful to use printer ink to create patterns. But, I love your work, and I just became a follower.

Kathy Billings said...

Mindy...I love them all but especially the first one with the birds. Great job!!!

Sue in CT said...

They are all great. What a nice job you did.

paperscissorsink said...

These are fantastic, great job!