Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cricutters Anonymous- April Showers

The current challenge over on Cricutters Anonymous is to create a project inspired by Spring. I decided to use the adorable new cartridge Give a Hoot and make something with the sweet little

deer cut. I cut the deer smelling the flower from Give a Hoot and matted it on some pale turquoise paper. I then cut a couple of the tulips in grass from Create a Critter (this cartridge is full of great stuff). The deer and the flowers didn't really stretch across the front of the card, so I cut a few pieces of grass from the Easter cartridge as well. I then popped the deer up from the card to give it a little dimension. I covered the front of the card in some beautiful pale blue houndstooth paper and then added a few clouds from Create a Critter and the sun from Doodlecharms. I made this an easel card and I needed something to catch it when the card stands open, so I cut the word spring from the Easter mini cartridge and and popped it up with some pop dots. The pattern paper I used (with the exception of the houndstooth) is from the new Basic Grey collection called Kioshi. I hope you have enjoyed my spring card and we would love for you to join in our challenge.

3 comments:

michele hileman said...

I think that is soooo cute. very creative

Lynne said...

This is super cute!!

Chinajo said...

Absolutely Adorable!!!