Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Little Gloss

We have a new challenge on Scrappy Frogs and it is to use some kind of glossy or glassy accent on your project. I decided to use a couple of different glosses on my project. I started with this adorable Tilda image Tilda in Spring Rain. I colored Tilda with copic markers and then started adding the gloss.

I added some Sakura crystal lacquer to her umbrella and boots. This product has color in it already, you can see where I also added it to the rain drops falling down. Then I took my liquid glass and added that to the other elements like the fence, the puddle, and her raincoat. Here is a close up of the gloss on the fence, raincoat, and the puddle.

I also added a little gloss to the paper flowers to look like dew. When it was time to put the card together, I needed a sketch, so I went to Friday Sketchers and followed their sketch.

11 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! This is absolutely gorgeous!

michele hileman said...

That is really cool. I love those stamps. Your coloring is excellent too

Vivi Casale said...

gorgeous card Mindy!
xxx
Vivi

anaRy said...

Great Job Mindy! I am loving this glossy business..Be careful! HAHA
Anary

ultraroyale said...

Love the card and the layout. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

ultraroyale said...

Love your coloring and the card layout. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the flower arrangement. Great use of gloss.

Lisa said...

WoW Mindy! I love the glossy accents on your Tilda with her umbrella. I love using glossy accents and you made this card Rock!!! You said you used one from Sakura with color in it. Where did you get that? I would love to try it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Mindy! I was planning to ink her up as I just got her two weeks ago. Love your coloring and DPs! Hugs, Cami

Carlotta Vachon said...

Absolutely adorable. Good luck. Hope you win a prize.I love your color choices.

denise said...

Love the papers!! Just bought this stack too!

As always Mindy....great work!!