Friday, March 5, 2010

Bildmalarna Challenge 4

Our current Bildmalarna challenge is to use the color combination of green, yellow, and brown. Well, I have some new paper from Basic Grey called Origins that was just begging to be used for this challenge. The image I used this time is the adorable little stamp called Mimosa Cafe. She looks so cute sitting drinking a coffee and daydreaming. I colored Mimosa with my copic markers. The greens are G14 and G16, the yellow is Y04 and Y02, the browns are E37 and E 35. Her hair is E09, and E07, for her skin I used E02, YR000, E000 and R20 for her cheeks. I paper pieced her dress with a piece of the paper I used for the background. The flowers are white silk

flowers from the craft store pulled off their stems, put back together with a brad, and sprayed with green glimmer mist. I then punched some leaves out of the brown craft paper and the dark green paper from the Origins pack. Next I added the sentiment miss you a latte and cut it out with my labels 2 nestie. The sentiment is from the stamp set Java Happy Day. To finish the card off, I added some ribbon and a bow. Now, you may be saying to yourself, "wow that bow looks great!". That is because I have found my favorite new product in a long long time, the Bow Easy. This little guy is AWESOME. It enables you to tie perfect bows every time. You can tie several different sizes and you can add as many loops as you would like . I made a 2 loop bow for this card. Now the best part- it is only $4.99!!!!! Finally, I think I may start to make a dent in the ridiculous amount of ribbon I have.

Please join us in the Bildmalarna challenge over on the Bildmalarna Blog and you could win the adorable new Easter Bunny stamp!!! It's a cute one!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mindy -
She is adorable! (Then again, I am a sucker for anything having to do with COFFEE!) Your cards are always great!!!

Chrissy C said...

Adorable! And the first thing I did say to myself was..."WOW that bow is awesome. I wish I knew how to do that." I may have to hunt me down one of those little guys! I'm a sucker for bows! Great card!!!

marsha said...

How totally cute! Love the colors and your layout.

Hugs,
Marsha

denise said...

WOW I love this card. The green and the dark green bow makes this card just POP!

Nice job as always Mindy~