Monday, March 15, 2010

Some Fun Projects

This is a busy week for me with design team projects. It was my turn to make a project for Cindy at Stamping Scrapping and also the week the challenge changed at Scrappy Frogs. For my Stamping Scrapping project, I decided to use some of the adorable new spring CC Designs

stamps that just came in. I used Cherry Emma and the bench to make this project. The paper isBasic Grey Lemonade. I used the Martha Stewart double loop punch around the page for a decorative mat for the image. The sentiment is from label accents of course, and I finished the card off with some Prima and Magnolia paper roses.

Now on to Scrappy Frogs. Our challenge was to stamp on something other than paper. I decided to give shrinky dinks a try. Now, to stamp on shrinky dinks, it is best to get the kind that are frosted on one side. When you stamp and color on them, stamp on the frosted side. I had intended to use my copics, but the memento ink smeared on the shrinky dink material, so I used colored pencils instead. I stamped my images and colored them with the pencils, then I cut around them . It is important to remember to punch the hole before you shrink them. The hole will shrink too, so don't punch it too small.
Then, heat them with a heat gun until they finish shrinking. They will curl up on each other while you are shrinking them, that is normal. I try to hold them in place by putting something like a paper piercer through the hole to hold them a little more still while I shrink them. Here is a close up of the charms before I put them on the bracelet.

And this is what the finished product looked like after I added the jump rings and added them to the bracelet. This is a perfect way to make charms to add to jewelry or even to use on your cards.



No comments: